William Daniel Davis focuses on commercial and business litigation and arbitration matters. He focuses on business format franchise, commercial contract, and business tort disputes.
• Defeating alter ego/piercing the corporate veil claims against sole shareholder of closely-held corporations following jury trial in which he was first chair.
• Obtaining summary judgment in favor of individual sued for fraudulently procuring and reselling seven figure amount of commercial shipping discounts from Federal Express.
• Successfully defending on appeal favorable judgment following bench trial in which he was first chair that barred creditor from splitting contract claims.
• Achieving a judgment against a party in breach of legal services contract following a jury trial in which he was first chair and ultimately collecting the majority of same short of appeal through supersedeas bond secured by the party’s commercial real estate.
• Halting the termination of a quick service restaurant franchise agreement despite repeated alleged operational defaults following a week-long American Arbitration Association evidentiary hearing in which he was first chair.
• Preventing a franchisor from recovering any monetary damages from a daycare franchisee that admittedly repudiated its franchise agreement following a jury trial in which he was first chair.
• Settling a seven figure commercial collection matter in Uniform Commercial Code, Article 2 dispute on behalf of an original equipment manufacturer following motion practice that resulted in discovery sanctions, partial summary judgment, and the exclusion of expert testimony on the opposing party’s counterclaims.
• Procuring a favorable award in an executive compensation dispute following an American Arbitration Association evidentiary hearing in which he was second chair.
• Prevailing on churning claim following a Financial Industry Regulatory Authority arbitration hearing in which he was second chair, and settling related tort claims in litigation following denial of registered investment advisory firm’s motion for summary judgment.
The Legacy of Legacy (2016)
How Do You Spell Relief: INJUNCTION (2012)
What Does “Green” Mean?: Anthropogenic Climate Change, Geoengineering and International Environmental Law, Georgia Law Review (2009)
Ichter Davis, LLC is one of many member law firms of the Zuber Lawler Global International Network. Each law firm in the network is an independent law firm. Engagement of one law firm in the network does not create any attorney-client relationship with or any liability on the part of any other law firm in the network.