Nicolás Rozo Colomer focuses on commercial transactions, corporate governance matters, and regulatory compliance. He has deep experience with anti-bribery, anti-money laundering, and anti-terrorism issues. He has managed matters throughout Latin America. He has served in the public sector, the oil and gas industry, and the medical cannabis industry.
Prior to starting his own law firm in Colombia, Mr. Rozo Colomer served as general counsel for Clever Leaves, one of the more prominent medical cannabis operators in Latin America. Prior to that, Mr. Rozo Colomer worked as contract manager in the public sector, leading nationwide infrastructure contracts in a presidential department of the Government of Colombia during the Juan Manuel Santos administration. He also worked in the Superintendence of Companies of Colombia, the entity in charge of the legal development of the anti- bribery, money laundering and terrorism financing regulation in the country.
• Represented one of the most prominent medical cannabis operators in Latin America in setting up its legal and compliance department, implementing codes, policies, licensing management, and prevention systems.
• Represented a leading energy sector company in planning (public and private tender offers), negotiating, and executing service agreements totaling US $550 million per year.
• Represented, during the oil crisis of 2015, a group of companies in a massive restructuring, which included the sale of assets, liquidation of legal vehicles, and termination of 1,600 employment contracts. He also guided the negotiation team with the company’s workers union, and attended to stoppages and blockades in relevant facilities.
Honors and Recognitions
• GC Power List Magazine – Legal 500: Colombia, 2016
• Weatherford International – General Counsel
Representative Speaking Engagements
• Seminar “Corporate Legal Leaders in LATAM”. Marcus Evans, City of Panamá 2016.
• Seminar “Risk Management in the Energy Industry”. Marcus Evans, Bogotá 2016.
• Seminar “Contract Management”. Marcus Evans, Bogotá 2017.
Law Offices of Nicolás Rozo Colomer is one of many member law firms of the Zuber Lawler Global network, as is Zuber Lawler. Each Law firm in the network is an independent law firm. Engagement of one law firm in the network does not create any attorney-client relationship with or any liability on the part of any other law firm in the network.