At Zuber Lawler, Matthew Gertler focuses on blockchain deals and financial regulatory matters. Mr. Gertler also serves as General Counsel at Reserve, a digital currency aimed at facilitating broader economic prosperity by giving people greater autonomy and control of their money. At Reserve, he leads the company’s regulatory strategy and serves as the main point of contact for everything legal.
Prior to Zuber Lawler and Reserve, Mr. Gertler co-founded and served as General Counsel and Senior Analyst at Digital Asset Research, an independent cryptocurrency research firm for institutional investors. Prior to DAR, he practiced in the alternative investments practice group at Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy.
Mr. Gertler presents regularly on legal and compliance issues relating to financial technology companies, with an emphasis on topics concerning cryptocurrencies. He has been quoted as a blockchain thought leader in leading publications, including the Wall Street Journal, U.S. News, L.A. Times, and CoinDesk.
Notable Speaking Engagements
- State of Digital Money: Moderator for Regulation, Security, & Law Panel
- Exploring the Right Bitcoin Application for Retailers
- The Digitization of Money Movement, Remittance, and P2P
- The Benefit of Linking Bitcoin Implementation to the Existing Payments Structure
- Knowing the Unknowable: Payments Predictions
Honors and Awards
- USC Stevens Institute Student Innovator Finalist
Zuber Lawler LLP is one of many member law firms of the Zuber Lawler Global International Network. Each law firm in the network is an independent law firm. Engagement of one law firm in the network does not create any attorney-client relationship with or any liability on the part of any other law firm in the network.