Manny Alicandro focuses on complex high-profile matters and often works in relation to blockchain and cryptocurrency matters. Mr. Alicandro has broad capital markets knowledge gained through diverse leadership roles in alternative asset management, banking, consulting, and trading technology, as well as through senior roles at NASDAQ and FINRA. His experience includes compliance, risk management, regulation, controls, surveillance, supervision, and governance.
Mr. Alicandro also assists clients in U.S. trading regulations and market structure issues with particular understanding of electronic trading and management of electronic exchanges. He possesses in-depth knowledge of legal and regulatory compliance issues pertaining to equities, derivatives, options, futures, digital assets, and cryptocurrencies. He has experience in regulation technology and cryptocurrency trading with the ability to advise on funding and structuring of new entities from Fintech startups, to hedge funds, and electronic marketplaces.
Mr. Alicandro is a frequent industry speaker, panelist, webcaster, and published author.
- New York AG’s Favorite Anti-fraud Weapon Misfires in ExxonMobil Case, Crain’s New York Business, November 6, 2019
- Law Enforcement for the Highest Bidder: How Bloomberg has Quietly Staffed AG Offices for His Own Policy Goals, Inside Sources, March 20, 2019
- Depoliticize the Martin Act, Crain’s New York Business, September 12, 2018
- Consolidated Audit Trail: The CAT’s out of the bag, PwC Regulatory Brief, June 2016
- Fiduciary duty proposal: Disruptors at the gate, PwC Regulatory Brief, August 2015
- Webcast: “Nasdaq Speaks ’12: Latest Developments and Interpretations”, June 6, 2012, TheCorporateCounsel.net
- An Analysis of High-Frequency Trading, N.Y. St. B.A. Bus. L.J., vol. 15, no. 1, at (p. 45) (Summer 2011)
Law Office Manny Alicandro is one of many member law firms of the Zuber Lawler Global International Network. Each law firm in the network is an independent law firm. Engagement of one law firm in the network does not create any attorney-client relationship with or any liability on the part of any other law firm in the network.