Lolla Stovall focuses on acquisitions, divestitures, leasing, and complex commercial agreements. In addition to complex transactions, she has handled a broad range of legal matters, including as to obtaining industrial licenses, drafting real estate leases, advising on regulatory agency enforcement actions, and employee hirings and terminations.
Ms. Stovall often works in relation to the energy, real estate, and manufacturing sectors, as well as the cannabis and hemp industries. These days, she is particularly focused on the cleantech industry. Ms. Stovall’s legal experience is complemented by deep operational, technical and regulatory knowledge of the energy and manufacturing sectors.
On a more general note, Ms. Stovall is a trusted C-Suite advisor well-versed with the day-to-day operations of a brick-and-mortar business.
Prior to joining Zuber Lawler, Ms. Stovall worked as a commercial transactions attorney for ExxonMobil, and as the assistant general counsel for a private equity oil and gas fund in Houston.
- Represented a manufacturing company in a purchase of industrial use real estate with CERCLA liability mitigation components and SBA financing.
- Represented a top 10 Fortune 500 company in unwinding an $80MM capital lease and sale of an oil and gas floating production platform in the Gulf of Mexico, with title transfer under foreign maritime law, release of the parent company guarantee, and offshore JOA termination.
- Represented buyers in acquisitions of surface surrounding historic oil and gas producing assets.
- Represented a top 10 Fortune 500 company in negotiating software licenses, IT service agreements, and related provisions of the joint operating agreement for a technology-centered joint venture with a foreign national oil company.
- Negotiated a contentious buyout of several partners in a technology startup, with associated technology transfer transactions and revisions to the company governing documents.
- Represented sellers in cash dispositions of $1MM to $5MM wellbore packages with resulting early termination and partial assignment of oil and gas marketing agreements, electricity supply agreements, compression and drilling contract commitments, and transfer of oil and gas operator licenses and FCC licenses for wellhead equipment.
- Represented a client in investigation and settlement of alleged violations of Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, and state-level regulations, including EPA, TCEQ and TRRC enforcement actions.
- Advised several energy and construction sector clients with optimizing the procurement process, including drafting the agreement forms that maximize compliance with bond and insurance requirements, minimize uninsured liabilities and reduce counterparty negotiations.
- Represented an energy start-up in drafting its HR policies and guidelines, including as to employee and contractor onboarding, paid and unpaid leaves, and termination and severance payments.
- Represented a top 10 Fortune 500 company’s affiliate in Kazakhstan on drafting and negotiating the Extractive Industry Transparency Initiative Memorandum.
- Represented a technology joint venture in software licensing deals.
- Negotiated hundreds of master services agreements.
Zuber Lawler is one of many member law firms of the Zuber Lawler Global International Network. Each law firm in the network is an independent law firm. Engagement of one law firm in the network does not create any attorney-client relationship with or any liability on the part of any other law firm in the network.