Carles Pareja Lozano, founding partner of Pareja & Associats Advocats, recognized by The Best Lawyers in Spain since 2008, focuses on administrative matters. Dr. Lozano represents clients as to legal opinions, legislative projects, preparing spatial planning and urban management tools, and providing defense counsel in contentious legal proceedings.
Dr. Lozano has taught the Master’s in Regional Policy degree course at Carlos III University in Madrid for the last 20 years, and has also taught at the Universidad Autònoma de Barcelona and at Pompeu Fabra University. He has also been a visiting researcher at the Stanford Law School, and he taught at the Open University of Catalonia. Dr. Lozano is frequently invited to speak at conferences both in Spain and abroad.
Affiliations & Activities
- Head of the Master’s in Land Law, Urban Planning and Environment degree at Pompeu Fabra University.
- Co-founder and Head (past) of the Postgraduate Diploma in Real Estate Law and Urban Planning at Pompeu Fabra University.
- Published widely including monographs on administrative law, urban planning, local government, the environment, and public regulation of economic activities, in addition to many articles and chapters of books.
Honors and Awards
- Named “Law of the Year” by The Best Lawyers in Barcelona: Administrative Law (2021) (2017); Enviromental Law (2020) (2016) (2014); Planning (2018).
- Recognized by Chambers & Partners, as one of the best professionals in Planning and Administrative Law since 2007.
Pareja & Associats Advocats is one of many member law firms of the Zuber Lawler Global International Network. Each law firm in the network is an independent law firm. Engagement of one law firm in the network does not create any attorney-client relationship with or any liability on the part of any other law firm in the network.